Receptionist & Finance Administrator
Purcell has been established for over 70 years. The practice has studios across the UK, including London, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Colchester, Manchester, Leeds, Norwich, Oxford, York, Hong Kong and Australia. Purcell has long been at the forefront of conservation, being one of the first architectural practices to develop a specialist conservation expertise. Purcell are seeking a Receptionist and Finance Administrator to be the front of house for our London Studio HQ. The candidate will need strong numerical skills to provide finance assistance to both the Canterbury and London studios. They will need to have a professional approach, appearance and a “can do” attitude. They will be located at a reception desk on their own so they will need to be able to work well in isolation as well as part of a team. Organisational skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment is essential as is previous front of house experience. The candidate will need to be flexible as the role will require regular travel to the Canterbury Studio.
MAIN DUTIES : RECEPTION (London)
- Meet and greet visitors and staff
- To be the first point of call to answer the telephones and pass on calls / messages in a timely manner
- Meeting room bookings, maintaining the meeting room calendar, setting up video conferences, setting up meeting rooms and catering
- To ensure a quality service is provided for all internal and external meetings, including providing refreshments and clearing
- To ensure the reception area is kept in good order
- Overflow typing / administration for the architectural teams
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, scanning and distributing
- Organising couriers, taxi’s and external print jobs
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Organising staff celebrations, including cards, collections & gifts
- Weekly stationery orders and keeping accurate records
- Weekly grocery orders
- Maintain records of office equipment
- Regular paper filing and archiving
- Assist Studio Manager with H&S tasks
MAIN DUTIES : FINANCE ADMIN (Canterbury)
- Keeping Rapport (our Project Management System) up to date for live projects under the direction of the Studio Manager (inputting and updating data).
- Assisting the Studio Manager with monthly project reviews.
- Production and issuing of monthly fees for the Studio as directed by the Studio Manager.
- Providing the technical team with project financial information using Rapport.
- Debt chasing (liaising with the Studio Manager and Finance Department).
- Inputting the internal allocation sheets (for postage and copying) onto Rapport, on a weekly basis, and in time for monthly billing.
- Review and approval of Canterbury staff timesheets.
- Approving staff expenses in line with Purcell’s expense policy.
- Monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Financial management of sub-consultants.
- Microsoft Office programmes – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook + Internet
- Previous front of house role experience
- Previous experience in a finance admin role
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels, both on the telephone and face to face
- Experience of meeting deadlines and working in a pressured environment
- The ability to have responsibility for own areas or work
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multitask
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Finance qualification
- Some knowledge of the architecture /construction industry
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback to candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of your original application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application and we wish you well in your job search.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.