We are extending our wider East region senior management team and are looking for an Associate Partner who will strategically win and deliver work in Cambridge and our East region. We’re looking for someone who is ambitious and results-driven who can contribute to winning new business, support with leading and developing the studio, and manage a mixture of bespoke architectural projects. We are a progressive practice, so you’ll need to understand our culture and strategy, identify opportunities and be responsible for developing staff. It’s an entrepreneurial job, with lots of responsibility and the freedom to deliver results.
Purcell is an award-winning employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a commitment to quality, innovation, and diversity. We have staff of approximately 280 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices, in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Winners of Architect Employer of the Year 2022.
Collaboration is central to our employee-ownership culture, providing opportunities to work on some of the finest buildings; from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos empowers everyone to use their voice. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
It is our distinctive employee-owned working culture that has contributed to our status as a World Architecture Top 100 Practice, renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Our benefits package includes agile, flexible and hybrid working, annual leave increasing with long service, life assurance, study sponsorship with paid study leave, sabbaticals, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, virtual GP service, subscription fees, company day out, a volunteering scheme and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
Working closely with the Regional Partner and the Cambridge leadership team, you will prioritise new business generation activities and support the delivery of a robust long-term strategy for the studio that will provide opportunities for growth in Cambridge and the region. This will include identifying industry trends and opportunities for securing new architectural and conservation projects across a range of sectors for public and private clients. The pursuing of these opportunities will include maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years post-qualification experience;
- Lead and manage the seamless running of all architectural projects to the highest standards;
- Proven work winning skills;
- Local market knowledge and intelligence;
- A track record of Client satisfaction;
- Industry recognition and regarded as an exemplar in their field;
- Proven ability of leading, managing, and developing individuals and teams, through excellent communication and people skills;
- Experience of working to continue developing a business;
- Excellent presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken);
- Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills;
- Delegation skills;
- Able to uphold and embody the Purcell values and behaviours;
It would also be an advantage if candidates possess:
- Delivery or management of projects in BIM;
- Has hands on experience of heritage and adaptive reuse projects;
- A track record of networking and relationship building across the East region.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Memberships:
- Essential: ARB, RIBA
- Desirable: AABC, IHBC, RIBASCA
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
As world leaders of Heritage and Conservation, Purcell is committed to embracing diversity and equal opportunity within our international teams, reflective of the society in which we work and live.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and celebrate differences through our culture of employee ownership.