BIM Technician / Technologist
Purcell are looking for an exceptionally talented BIM Technician / Technologist or Technically focused Architect to join our London studio. This role will be to aid the Studio and established team that is currently working on a diverse and exciting range of architecture, masterplanning, heritage and interiors projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Expert knowledge of REVIT software is required, as well as an understanding of building construction and architecture. You will be required to work closely with our lead architect and architects, modelling and presenting the concepts requested by these team members.
The successful candidate shall have previous experience in this field as well as good communication ability and must have good attention to detail and be knowledgeable of building construction and design aspects as well providing evidence of detail and high-quality examples of their work with their application.
You will need to be agile and flexible, with a can-do attitude, a willingness to learn and be a conceptual thinker. An understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture would be of advantage. We will be looking for the below experience in all applications submitted:
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of Purcell.
- Working closely with our existing core team for ongoing projects.
- Create discipline specific BIM Modelling content.
- Develop the model virtually for the specific design discipline .
- Ensure that the model aligns with the standard and goals set in the BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Collaborate and coordinate internally and externally with other disciplines design changes and model changes.
- Develop accurate construction drawings and extract data based on the discipline BIM platform.
- Coordinate design documentation as a methodology with full utilisation of BIM software and tools.
- Taking information from multiple plans and incorporating them into a single computer model which can be used to build and maintain a structure.
- Liaising with design teams, clients, architects, surveyors, engineers, and project managers.
- Assist in the 2D and 3D drawing and modelling production.
- Contribute to developing concept, schematic, and detail design packages.
- Attend site survey and visits.
- Preparation of presentation documents.
- Contributing to the development of a competent team.
- Demonstrate and encourage ‘One Family’ value.
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of BIM Modelling.
- Develop and enhance our design reputation.
- Adherence to technical standards - Purcell & wider industry.
- Client satisfaction.
- Contributing to winning work, project delivery and project profitability.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE (EXPECTATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in a relevant subjects such as BIM management, architecture, construction, or architectural technology.
- Excellent proficiency in using BIM software (REVIT).
- Excellent proficiency in 2D drafting using AutoCAD, 3D modelling in SketchUp and in Photoshop and/or other graphic presentation software.
- BIM Management experience would be an advantage.
- Assisting architects and senior staff with drawings.
- Producing architectural models, drawings and schedules using REVIT and BIM.
- Designing technical solutions for buildings and other structures.
- Ensuring all outputs are accurate and easy to interpret.
- Persistence and determination.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and open to change.
- A thorough understanding of computer systems and applications.
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Understanding of industry technical standards and statutory requirements
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Conceptual design thinker, with ability to graphically represent conceptual thinking
- Ability to manage self, work under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Personable, confident and with a strong sense of team spirit.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.