We are expanding our team and are looking for an Architect at Partner level to join our existing senior leadership team within the London & Southeast region, to be based out of the London and Canterbury studios, and work with the team contributing to winning heritage and conservation work for the region.
Purcell is an award-winning employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos allows everyone to have a voice and be empowered. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
Rewards and Benefits
Our benefits include agile working (3 days in office, 2 WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
We are looking for candidates who have the following demonstrable skills and expertise:
• Registered Architect with a minimum of 20 years’ post qualification experience
• AABC or RIBA SCA/ CA accreditation desirable
• Proven track record in business development, bid leadership and work generation
• Strong commercial acumen to ensure profitable outcomes for all work stages
• Strong entrepreneurial expertise
• Demonstrable project management for all work stages
• Evidence of team building, people management and leadership
• Excellent design, technical and conservation skills and experience
• Strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations
• Proven experience working on all RIBA stages
• Exemplary client-facing communication skills
• Organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
• Proficiency in BIM/ Revit an advantage
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.