Architectual Assistant 6 Month FTC
Purcell are looking for a Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join our Oxford studio.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an AJ100 top 10 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
Our benefits include agile working (3 days in office, 2 WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
The successful candidate should evidence keen attention to detail and high-quality examples of their work submitted with applications. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn, conceptual thinker and understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture. We will be looking for the below experience in all applications submitted:
Qualifications, Accreditations, Memberships
- Essentials: Bachelor’s degree in architectural studies equivalent to Part 1
- Essentials: Master’s degree in architectural studies equivalent to Part 2
Skills, Knowledge, Experience (Expectations)
- Proficiency in REVIT.
- Proficiency in 2D drafting such as AutoCAD, 3D modelling in Sketchup and in Photoshop and/or other graphic presentation software
- Knowledge of BIM Level 2
- Knowledge of Affinity graphic presentation software
- Awareness of Passivhaus and current BREEAM standards
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Good time management skills and Independent team worker
- Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
- Ability to successfully interpret briefs
- Good communication skills at all levels (internal & external)
- Contribute to the seamless running of all architectural projects to the highest standards
- Up to date knowledge of industry technical standards and statutory requirements
- Developing networking and relationship building skills
- Contributing to high quality bids
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.