We are recruiting for a qualified Architect with conservation experience to join our London studio.
Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
We are recruiting for a qualified Architect with conservation experience to join our London studio. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a top AJ100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy. The successful candidate will evidence keen attention to detail and high-quality examples of work submitted with their applications. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture.
Our benefits include agile working (3 days in office, 2 WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills:
· Part 3 qualified and have at least 2-4 years working as a Project Architect for a UK based practice or equivalent professional qualification.
· Project management and contract administration skills
· Have excellent technical skills
· Excellent conservation skills and experience
· Have a strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations
· Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized team
· Well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
· Proven experience working on all RIBA stages
· Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills
· Excellent technical detailing
· Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
· Experience in using and managing others using technical software.
o AutoCAD experience is essential
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.