Senior Conservation Architect, Manchester Town Hall (6 months fixed term contract)
Purcell is leading the refurbishment of Alfred Waterhouse’s iconic 1875 Manchester Town Hall. The project is currently at RIBA Stage 4/5 and we are looking to reinforce our existing team with a talented and enthusiastic people with excellent project, design and people management skills to take the project forwards into RIBA Stage 5 in conjunction with the Management Contractor.
The Purcell team of 15 consists of Project Partner, five Group Leads and supporting architects, technicians and architectural assistants. We are looking for a talented Senior Conservation Architect to join the team and assist in the RIBA Stage 5 works.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years post qualification experience
- ARB/RIBA or CIAT
- AABC or other Conservation Accreditation
- Proven track record of excellent job running.
- AutoCAD proficient
- Revit proficiency desirable but not essential
- Experience of use of NBS
Tasks for Our Town Hall project (in association with Group Lead):
- Take responsibility for own project deliverables planning, monitoring and delivering
- Define scope and level of information to be produced for specific Works Packages
- Produce planning, building regulations, working drawing and tender packages as required
- Carry out site inspections / contract administration
- Ensure that the work carried out is technically correct and incorporates buildability aspects
- Responsibility for discharging LBC conditions relating to assigned Works Packages
- Review and check all health and safety matters for each assigned Works Package
- Proactively identify additional services that our outside agreed scope and input into the project Change process
- Attend internal Purcell team meetings and make a positive and effective contribution
- Attend external project meetings as required and relevant to assigned Works Packages
- Mentor and develop good relationships with junior staff
- Follow our quality and environmental guidelines and implement good practice
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.