To provide administration assistance to Purcell’s Canterbury Studio reporting to the Regional Studio Manager.
This is an interesting and challenging role that would suit a confident, numerate and professional individual who enjoys using their initiative and who has a ‘can do’ working style.
The role covers a wide remit of all aspects of office and project administration. The role requires an excellent all-round understanding of business processes and the ability to be adaptable and collaborative with excellent multitasking, communication and organisational skills.
- Support Lead Persons and Regional Studio Manager with fee and resource management using our internal project management software (Rapport)
- Assist Senior Management team with BD and Marketing, take an active role in regular business development and marketing meetings, support targeted marketing campaigns, set up business development meetings, conduct research, track marketing and business development activity and research and identify regional networking events.
- Understand and assist with keeping internal databases up to date.
- Undertake monthly petty cash and cheque book reconciliations
- Office Management: Ordering stationary and housekeeping supplies. Keeping the office tidy and running miscellaneous office errands.
- Be an integral part of the Support Team i.e. answering telephone; taking messages, managing visitors and deliveries, where necessary.
- Assist with printing, photocopying, binding, shredding, folding and collation of drawings.
- Meeting room bookings and meeting management.
- Maintain quality assurance procedures and adhering to company policies.
- Communicate with people at all levels including prestigious clients (both current and potential), consultants, contractors, suppliers and other offices.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) – Intermediate/Advanced
- Willingness to learn and utilise new systems
- Good with numbers and mathematically competent
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels in person, on the telephone and by using electronic means
- Experience of meeting deadlines and working in a pressurised environment
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multitask
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Co-operative and collaborative team member
- Able to work proactively on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge for self and team
- Attention to detail
- Able to turn hand to just about anything and must enjoy challenges
- Some knowledge of the architecture/construction industry (desirable)
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.