Regional Studio Manager
For over seven decades, Purcell has been involved in the care and development of some of the best loved buildings and places in the UK and abroad. We provide a start to finish architectural service that integrates funding and planning advice, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation and contemporary architecture.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Northern region as a Regional Studio Manager and be a part of an AJ100 top practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage/conservation consultancy.
The Studio Manager position will support and influence change to enable the growth and development of Purcell’s North Region.
The role will concentrate on three main areas, including:
Regional Business Development (80%)
- Regional Business Development strategy – work alongside Regional Senior Team to ensure meaningful strategy in place. Develop and coordinate implementation of strategic plan and initiatives.
- Purcell Events – strategy, content, organisation and management, follow ups – assisted by Bid Coordinator.
- Regional Networking events – research, collateral management, ensure attendance, follow ups – assisted by Bid Coordinator.
- Strategic programme of P2Ps – ensure research undertaken in advance and relevant collateral prepared – assisted by Bid Coordinator. Attend as necessary.
- Work alongside central marketing team to ensure regional bids and marketing are relevant to clients, aligned to the Purcell brand and consistent in quality and message.
- Liaise with other Purcell offices to share intelligence, and where necessary meet to discuss further, including coordinated business development strategies.
- Frameworks – review framework appointments and ensure engagement with key framework contacts. Research and identify further frameworks to bid for.
- Actively leading the management of corporate hospitality within the region.
- Motivate and inspire all members of the region to expand their network and be involved in business development.
- Collateral (brochures, bid resources – CVs, Case Studies etc.) – work with Regional Bid Coordinator to ensure collateral is relevant, adaptable, engaging, accessible and up-to-date.
- Bids – work alongside the Regional Partner and senior staff to ensure the region only bids for the right work, in line with Regional Business Development Strategy. Analysis on win/loss – lessons learned etc.
- Awards – ensure regional projects are submitted for awards in line with Regional Business Development Strategy.
- Publicity – ensure regional projects/people stories are regularly submitted for publicity opportunities, making the most of our relationship with ING, as well as increasing the practice’s regional exposure through coordinated social media campaigns.
Regional Studio Leadership (10%)
- Engage with practice at a strategic level; communication of key messages to/from the region/practice.
- Ensure provision of space & facilities meets requirements and enhances our external image.
- Be an Ambassador; motivate, inspire, and set standards in behaviours.
- Budget setting & management, ensuring the region is profitable.
Regional People Management (10%)
- Develop a competent team, identifying skills gaps and planning for retention & succession.
- Develop people to reach their potential and fulfil the needs of the region and wider practice.
- Manage and mentor Regional Administration team.
- Work with Senior Management and central HR team as and when regional people issues arise.
- Recruit regional staff as necessary.
- The successful candidate would be based in the Manchester Studio of Purcell but is expected to travel across the Northern Region of Purcell to fulfil their role, visiting York, Manchester Town Hall, Leeds and Liverpool.
Please submit a copy of your CV by following the application work flow at the bottom of the page.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of your original application, then you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to look at our vacancies and apply where relevant. We wish you all the best in your job search.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.