We are looking for a proactive project delivery leader with 10+ years of architectural design and delivery experience in the UK, ideally in heritage buildings of over £25m. This associate level role will reinforce our existing team to deliver on our Collective Ambition.
Purcell is leading the refurbishment of Alfred Waterhouse’s iconic 1875 Manchester Town Hall. The successful candidate will have excellent project and people management skills to steer the project forwards in conjunction with the Management Contractor.
Your role will include:
- Day-to-day management of project including managing internal team and consultants.
- Managing and delivering design and construction information.
- Complying with established project controls, assurance and reporting procedure across all activities set out in the Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Developing a detailed integrated design programme, regularly reviewing programme and monitoring progress.
- Defining and agreeing the work package structure, programme and stage report outputs.
- Coordinating an appropriate design information release programme, common data environment, detailed design responsibility and deliverables matrix for all design consultants.
- Providing regular progress reports summarising progress to date, specifying any decisions or authorisations required.
- Supporting the development of project risk and opportunity registers.
- Developing with the project team an early warning procedure and risk reduction process in the event of change control.
- Management of Purcell team & Purcell Sub-consultants.
- Liaising with Manchester City Council client body, Management Contractor and the Design Team.
- Attending project progress meetings, design team meetings and stakeholder meetings. This also includes design co-ordination meetings, management contractor package pricing/ procurement meetings.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualified architect, ARB registered, 10+ years of architectural delivery experience in the UK.
- Previous experience working on large complex projects in all stages of design and delivery.
- Previous experience of working directly with contractors and managing delivery of Works Packages.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective client and consultant relationship skills and ability to collaboratively work with diverse teams.
- Proven ability to manage multiple packages and multiple deadlines.
If the above sounds like you, please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio by following the application work flow at the bottom of the page.
*Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback to candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of your original application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application and we wish you well in your job search.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.