Purcell are looking for an exceptionally talented assistant to join our York studio. This role will be to aid the Studio and established team that is currently working on a diverse and exciting range of architecture, masterplanning, heritage and interiors projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
The successful candidate should evidence keen attention to detail and high-quality examples of their work with their application. You will need to be agile and flexible, with a can-do attitude, a willingness to learn and be a conceptual thinker. An understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture would be of advantage. We will be looking for the below experience in all applications submitted:
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of Purcell
- Working closely with our existing core team for ongoing projects
- Assist in the production of 2D and 3D drawings and models
- Contribute to developing concept, schematic and detail design packages
- Attend site surveys and visits
- Preparation of high quality presentation documents
- Material sourcing and schedule for interiors led projects
- Contributing to the development of a competent team
- Demonstrate and encourage ‘One Family’ value
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of architectural conservation
- Develop and enhance our design reputation.
- Adherence to technical standards - Purcell & wider industry
- Client satisfaction
- Contributing to winning work, project delivery and project profitability
Skills, Knowledge, Experience (Expectations)
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural studies
- An interest in contemporary and traditional design in complex historic contexts
- Proficiency in 2D drafting such as AutoCAD, 3D modelling in Sketchup and in Photoshop and/or other graphic presentation software
- Design capabilities including good hand-drawing and sketching skills
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Understanding of industry technical standards and statutory requirements
- Experience using BIM software (REVIT) is desirable
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Conceptual design thinker, with ability to graphically represent conceptual thinking
- Ability to manage self, work under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Personable, confident and with a strong sense of team spirit.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.