Part 2 Architectural Assistant
Due to increased project demand, Purcell are looking for a Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join our team in Canterbury. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy. The successful candidates will display a keen attention to design and graphics and will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical detailing. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture.
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of Purcell
- Working closely with our existing team, providing support on ongoing projects
- Assist in the 2D and 3D drawing and modelling production
- Contribute to developing packages of information across RIBA stages 1-7, including drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Site surveys and visits
- Attend and minute client meetings
- Preparation of presentation documents
- Good spatial planning, with keen eye for detail of joinery and furnishings for interiors led projects
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE (EXPECTATIONS)
- Essential: Master’s degree in architectural studies
- Proficiency in 2D drafting such as AutoCAD, 3D modelling in Sketchup and in Photoshop and/or other graphic presentation software
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Understanding of industry technical standards and statutory requirements
- Knowledge of BIM and REVIT is desirable
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach.
- Ability to manage self and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personable, confident and with a strong sense of team spirit.
- Comfortable being an active member of a project design team, co-ordinating input from others to aid and inform architectural proposals.
- Confident in liaising with external parties, when seeking technical and specialist advice.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.