Part 1 or Part 2 Architectural Assistant
Purcell are looking for an exceptionally talented assistant to join our York studio. This role will be to aid the Studio and established team that is currently working on a diverse and exciting range of architecture, masterplanning, heritage and interiors projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
The successful candidates will display a keen attention to design and graphics. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture.
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of Purcell
- Working closely with our existing core team for ongoing projects
- Assist in the 2D and 3D drawing and modelling production
- Contribute to developing concept, schematic and detail design packages
- Site survey and visits
- Attend and minute client meetings
- Preparation of presentation documents
- Material sourcing and schedule for interiors led projects
- Contributing to the development of a competent team
- Demonstrate and encourage ‘One Family’ value
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of architectural conservation
- Develop and enhance our design reputation.
- Adherence to technical standards - Purcell & wider industry
- Client satisfaction
- Contributing to project delivery
- Contributing to project profitability
- Contributing to winning work
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Memberships
Essential: Bachelor’s degree in architectural studies
Desirable: Student Memberships
Skills, Knowledge, Experience (Expectations)
- Proficiency in 2D drafting such as AutoCAD, 3D modelling in Sketchup and in Photoshop and/or other graphic presentation software
- Knowledge of BIM and REVIT would be advantageous
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Ability to manage self.
- Contribute to the seamless running of all architectural projects to the highest standards
- Conceptual thinker
- Understanding of project finances
- Effectively communicate at all levels (internal & external)
- Up to date knowledge of Purcell & wider industry technical standards and statutory requirements
- Developing networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
- Contributing to high quality bids
- Ability to successfully interpret briefs
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach.
- Professional at all times.
- Commitment to the role
- Conceptual thinker
- Ability to manage self and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personable, confident and with a strong sense of team spirit.
- Role model our values (Team, Quality, Respect, Energy, Evolution)
Special Requirements/ Attributes or Behaviours
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.