BIM Manager (Sited Based)
Purcell are looking to recruit an experienced and proactive BIM Lead to be based in the Purcell Manchester studio. The role is to primarily to work on the prestigious Manchester Town Hall Project which Purcell commenced design work on in 2017 and is currently on site with the refurbishment works due to be complete in 2024 . The role will evolve into being the Digital Design Lead for the Purcell North West region.
The software platform for the project will be Autodesk AEC Collection using Revit, Navisworks, BIM360. and the client has a specific list of approximate- BIM Level 2 deliverables and ambitions.
Any candidate needs to be conversant and comfortable with BIM leadership and coordination in terms of standards, methods and procedures, not just the software.
Primary function is to manage the process of virtually designing and constructing a building and documenting the design contract documents accurately. This includes liaising with designers and technicians of multiple disciplines and also the client with regard to Asset Management. A critical role is to lead model management and BIM planning, collaboration and coordination on the OTH project. The BIM Manager is the go – to person on the project for modelling, related documentation and verifying all design models during all stages of the project.
The successful candidate will:
- Overall Management of BIM model, processes & protocols for the OTH project
- Lead in maintaining the project BIM Execution Plan, Master Information Delivery Plan, etc
- Lead maintaining, issuing and federating the BIM model
- Lead BIM Coordination and Clash Detection Meetings with Design Team
- Setup and configuration of project in Revit, Navisworks, ReCap, AutoCAD etc
- Assist in managing the project Common Data Environments (CDE)
- Ensure ongoing development and implementation of Standards, templates and libraries; especially Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD platforms
- Audit and compliance with standards; especially contractual Level 2 BIM requirements
- Preparation of BIM models and asset information for handover to client. Ensuring compatibility with client EDMS (Electronic Document Management System), CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management) systems and other client requirements.
- Project management on BIM360: project setup, user management, information exchange via workflows when used as CDE
- Specifying BIM survey models requirements and ensuring compatibility with said requirements
- Support project team working with Point Cloud survey data
- Internal team support for queries and issues with digital design applications
- Demonstrate techniques and best practice to enable peer to peer learning
- Internal continuing education and training sessions to complement formal external and e-learning provision
- External Interface with design team BIM coordinators and MCC client team
- Internal interface with Purcell internal team including document controller
- Attendance at Design Team Meetings as required
- Supported by project leadership team and Cluster Leads
We will be looking for the below experience and qualifications:
- Five plus years’ experience in the construction industry; ideally within architectural practice, with a degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate area to the role
- Three plus years’ experience of BIM coordination and management on projects; especially Level 2 standards, methods, and procedures
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of technology workflows based on the Autodesk AEC Collection
- High level of communication and fostering teamwork to assemble a work environment for different individuals representing multiple disciplines to achieve optimum BIM performance
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.