REPORTS TO: Regional Partner (Manager)
Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
Our Australian team are expanding and are looking for an exceptional Office Manager to join our Sydney studio. The aim of this full-time, permanent role is to assist the success of the Australia studios and region. It will be your role to know what is going on with the delivery of projects, including timelines, resourcing requirements, utilisation, targets and margins. You will need to have excellent all-round understanding of business processes, a diligent and hands-on approach and good communication skills along with the ability to be adaptable and collaborative with wider teams, possess good financial awareness and excellent multi-tasking skills.
Key elements of the role include:
- Support to the Regional Partner in the day-to-day management of the regional studios.
- Support of Project Lead Persons with fee and resource management using our internal project management software (Rapport).
- Support of Regional Teams with monitoring employee utilisation, workload and project margins/profitability.
- Provide local People management & support with assistance from our inhouse HR department, including welfare of the region
- Engage with practice wide Regional Studio managers at a strategic level; communication of key messages to/from the region/practice.
- Organise onboarding and inductions for new staff and the exit for leavers.
- Support with Regional expenditure.
- Understand and assist with keeping internal databases up to date.
Broadly, the role will require:
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Commercially minded.
- Good with numbers and mathematically competent.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office programmes – Intermediate/Advanced Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge of self and team.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels in person, on the telephone and by using electronic means.
- Demonstrate and encourage ‘One Family’ value
- Proven ability to independently manage the delivery of services and projects.
- Demonstrated ability in developing relationships with clients, new and existing.
- Experience of meeting deadlines and working in a pressurised environment.
- Co-operative and collaborative team member.
- Communication and organisational skills.
- Some knowledge of architectural/construction industry (desirable)
- Understanding of document control procedures such as Aconex (desirable).
- Experience in Indesign to support the preparation of bids for projects (desirable).
- Demonstrates Purcell values at all times to inspire our colleagues to be committed to the practice, projects and goals.
- Positive attitude.
- Seeks continuous improvement for themselves and others.
- Drive to achieve objectives and results.
- Confidence and integrity.
- Adaptable, flexible approach and attitude, including adjusting management style to achieve results.
In accordance with the dynamic regulations in New South Wales, all our staff can work from home (as required), remotely or in the Studio. The role is principally based in the Studio, though our flexible working policy is in the process of implementation. We anticipate you may commence the role while these or similar regulations are in place and therefore the ability to work from home is required.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.