Internal Project Manager (Full/Part-Time)
Purcell is leading the refurbishment of Alfred Waterhouse’s iconic 1875 Manchester Town Hall. The project is currently at RIBA Stage 3 and we are looking to reinforce our existing team with a talented and enthusiastic person with excellent project and people management skills to take the project forwards into RIBA Stage 4 in conjunction with the Management Contractor.
We are looking for a proactive project delivery leader, with 10+ years of architectural design and delivery experience in the UK, ideally in heritage buildings of over £25m. This is a permanent role but contract applicants would also be considered.
Skills and Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
- Qualified architect, ARB registered, 10+ years of architectural delivery experience in the UK
- Previous experience working on large complex projects in all stages of design and delivery
- Previous experience of heritage projects through design and construction stages an advantage but not necessary
- Previous experience of working directly with contractors and managing delivery of Works Packages
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, effective client and consultant relationship skills and ability to collaboratively work with diverse teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple packages and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Position based within collaborative Project Team Office at Manchester Town Hall
- Day-to-day management of project including managing internal team and consultants
- Manage and deliver design and construction information
- Comply with established project controls, assurance and reporting procedure across all activities set out in the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Develop a detailed integrated design programme, regularly review programme and monitor progress
- Define and agree the work package structure, programme and stage report outputs
- Coordinate an appropriate design information release programme, common data environment, detailed design responsibility and deliverables matrix for all design consultants
- Provide regular progress reports summarising progress to date, specifying any decisions or authorisations required
- Support in the development of Project risk and opportunity registers
- Develop with the project team an early warning procedure and risk reduction process, support in the development of change control.
- Management of Purcell team & Purcell Sub-consultants
- External Interface with Manchester City Council client body, Management Contractor & Design Team
- Attendance at Project Progress Meetings, Design Team Meetings, Stakeholder Meetings
- Attendance at Design Co-ordination Meetings, Management Contractor Package Pricing/ Procurement Meetings
- Supported by Project Lead and Group Leads
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.