Head of Marketing & Communications
This is an exciting opportunity to strategically develop and lead the marketing communications strategy of a multi award winning, international architectural Practice. Purcell offer a rewarding and supportive environment for individual development. This role will lead the external communications strategy and build on PR relationships. The overall objectives are to support new and existing business, raise brand awareness and improve customer experience.
- Working with the main board, develop and lead the Practice’s marketing communications strategy;
- Drive effective marketing and communications initiatives to support the delivery of key business objectives;
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships both across the business and with external audiences, including existing and prospective clients, media and suppliers;
- Raise the profile of the Practice through various marketing channels and proactive PR;
- Ensure clear brand integrity through all business communications;
- Good knowledge of digital platforms.
Responsibilities for the position of Head of Marketing & Communications include:
- Oversee the creation of multiple forms of content to be used for various marketing campaigns;
- Manage the communications budget;
- Deliver a rigorous approach to the measurement of all communications and marketing activity developing, monitoring and reporting key measures of success to inform decisions and future plans;
- Define and lead the social media strategy;
- Drive proactive media relations to identity opportunities to promote the Practice’s projects and new business wins, and identify thought leadership opportunities, speaking opportunities and events;
- Manage media opportunities and enquiries;
- Oversee cross-departmental communication and ensure consistency of brand and messages;
- Direct line management responsibility for growing marketing team (2-3 people) supporting their development;
- Ensure the team builds and maintains effective relationships with internal teams and external providers and manage tasks effectively;
- Interface with Regional Marketing and Bid Coordinator teams around collateral, photography, information sharing systems and storage;
- Prepare business cases for information systems development where appropriate.
Required skills, knowledge and experience for the role of Head of Marketing & Communications:
- The successful candidate will have 5 years+ experience within B2B agency or an in-house marketing and communications team, preferably from the construction or creative industries;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to write effectively and for different audiences and channels; articulating ideas clearly and communicating with conviction;
- Confident working with senior management and with an ability to build trust with internal 'clients' and influence others;
- Effective team player who can demonstrate an ability to manage and motivate people;
- Ability to travel, as required, to studios.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.