We are looking for a talented experienced CDM/PD Advisor to join our team in our studios. We are looking for a results driven, tenacious, go getter to take on managing a mixture of bespoke architectural projects whilst also delivering new business. We are a progressive practice, so you’ll need to understand our culture and strategy, identify opportunities and be responsible for developing staff. It’s an entrepreneurial job, with lots of responsibility and the freedom to deliver results.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Reporting To: Head of CDM on a day-to-day basis and ultimately to the respective Associate Partner.
• Advise designated and specific Project Design Team members including client organisations on Health and Safety risk management matters, to carry out Purcell duties as Principal Designer in accordance with current UK (or where relevant) internationally comparable CDM regulations.
• Assist and support Head of CDM.
• Help develop the role of CDM PD within Purcell as defined by the Construction (Design and management) Regulations 2015.
• Advise designated and specific Project Design Team members including client organisations on Health and Safety risk management matters.
• Assist and provide support and advice to in-house design teams to facilitate office wide best practice standards irrespective of global location.
• Review projects and designs -- planned and ad-hoc prioritising CDM PD appointed projects and advising on any other projects to allow office wide consistency on Pre-construction Health and Safety matters and standards.
• Collate, organise, and assist the client in providing Pre-Construction Information.
• Manage and co-ordinate the Health and Safety aspects during the Pre-Construction phase.
• Prepare and issue the Health and Safety File on completion.
• Assist with compiling and developing guidance material and management tools.
• Develop and give training to in-house design disciplines.
• Carry out research on application of Health and Safety Standards (National and
International) and good practice.
• Where necessary liaise with Enforcing Authorities.
• Critically appraise Design Risk Assessments submitted by Project Design Team.
• Assist with the completion of Design Risk Assessments.
• Through knowledge of and compliance with Purcell procedure and
• Contribute or otherwise assist as required.
Qualities and Skills required
• Demonstrate an ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
• Demonstrate experience and understanding of design and construction management
• Proven skills in the delivery of CDM/H&S consultancy services.
• Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based.
• Computer Literate -- CAD preferable
• Pragmatic, resourceful and persuasive.
• Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
• Resilience to cope with conflicting demands.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- articulate and diplomatic manner.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and proactive approach to daily tasks.
• Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail.
• Design experience, preferably architectural or engineering.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
• Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective
• Flexible attitude.
• Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
• Able and willing to travel to other studios or sites in other Purcell UK regions as required.
- Desired Qualifications
• Hold a degree level in an architectural, architectural technology or construction/engineering subject.
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent IOSH membership and Member of APS
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Thank you for submitting your application.