Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We are looking for a BIM Coordinator to join our team and contribute to our award winning portfolio of projects.
Location: London / South East / Palace of Westminster (POW)
The position will include:
- Creating, maintaining, federating and issuing BIM models, delivered to BIM Level 2 requirements as defined in the project requirements.
- Creating and maintaining the project BIM Execution Plans, Master Information Delivery Plans, and associated documentation required for BIM Level 2 projects.
- Lead and/or assist in BIM Coordination and Clash Detection Meetings with Design Teams as required on a project by project basis.
- Setup and configuration of projects in Revit, Navisworks, ReCap, AutoCAD etc.
- Advise and develop on advanced technologies such as Dynamo, Kinship, etc. with the support of the Head of Technical Systems and BIM Manager.
- Managing Project Common Data Environments (CDE) on projects for BIM related information.
- Ongoing development and implementation of Standards, templates and libraries; especially Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD platforms
- Lead and support the project team working with survey data deliverables and provide assistance and guidance on survey specifications.
- Internal team support for queries and issues with digital design applications, focussing predominantly on the use of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Audit and compliance with BIM standards; in particular contractual Level 2 BIM and client requirements.
- Demonstrate techniques and best practice to enable peer to peer learning
- Support staff continuing education and training sessions to complement formal external and e-learning provision.
- Manage workload across projects and office support under the direction of the Head of Technical Systems.
- Assist with evaluation and performance monitoring of staff BIM competency.
- Proactively participate in external peer groups such as the London Revit User Group, Dynamo User groups etc.
- Proactively participate in and engage with the Purcell BIM Leadership Group.
We will be looking for the below experience and qualifications:
- Five plus years’ experience in the construction industry; ideally within architectural practice, with appropriate qualifications for the role
- Two years’ minimum experience of BIM coordination and management on projects; including Level 2 standards, methods, and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of technology workflows based on the Autodesk AEC Collection.
- Experience of BIM/Modelling processes within the HBIM (Heritage BIM) Sector, or experience with BIM on existing buildings.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.