Associate Architect / Authorised Person
Our Hong Kong Studio is looking for an Associate Architect to join the Practice on a full-time basis, based in Hong Kong. The Studio has a wide range of projects including hospitality, cultural and public buildings. This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team, work on exciting projects and to help the studio move from strength to strength.
We are looking for a results-driven, tenacious, go getter to take on managing a mixture of bespoke architectural and conservation projects whilst also delivering new business. We are a progressive practice, so you’ll need to understand our culture and strategy, identify opportunities and be responsible for developing staff. It’s an entrepreneurial job, with loads of responsibility and the freedom to deliver results.
Candidates ideally will have:
- 8 – 10 years’ experience and is a registered architect in HK
- A wealth of experience to join the team with local market knowledge of Hong Kong.
- Strong communication skills, presentation ability, capacity to be involved with business development and, networking.
- Strong front end design, presentation and graphic skills.
- Competition/Bid experience.
- AutoCAD, Affinity and Adobe creative suite experience preferred
- Demonstrated lead architecture and A&A projects from inception, through schematic and detailed design, tender production, and contract administration during construction stage
- Develop and enhance our design reputation
- Report writing experience.
- Passion for being part of a Purcell Architecture in Hong Kong and want to work with an International brand, working on established projects but also helping Purcell continue to grow in the Hong Kong market.
- A desire to contribute to the development of the studio, the generation of new business and project profitability
- A track record of Client satisfaction
- A down to earth, 'can do' attitude.
- Strong skills but is also open to developing themselves with an International firm of some 200 staff across the globe.
It would also be an advantage if the candidate:
- Is able to fulfil the role of an Authorised Person on certain commissions
- Is Revit capable with experience of BIM delivered projects
- Has previous experience working on Heritage/Adaptive Re-use projects.
- Masters’ degree in architecture
- Registered Architect (HK)
- Full member of the Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, well respected Practice with excellent opportunities for career progression, whilst working within a close-knit team in a local studio. In return Purcell offers an excellent salary which is negotiable dependent on your experience, and a generous benefits package.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback to candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of your original application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application and we wish you well in your job search.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.