Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
We are looking for a committed Administrative Assistant to provide support to the office generally and be an integral part of the Admin team, providing support to the Regional Studio Manager and the technical team to ensure the smooth running of the York Office.
Support for Regional Studio Manager and the Management Team
To be an integral part of the team and provide support to the Studio Manager by undertaking the following tasks:
- New project administration
- Supporting the technical team with keeping Rapport (Job Management System) up to date with regard to project planners, resource planning and contact information.
- Checking of supplier and sub-contractor invoices for approval by Senior Management team.
- Maintaining Quality Assurance Procedures and adhering to policies.
Support for the Office
- To carry out all administrative and secretarial duties for the York studio to include typing, printing, binding and general admin support.
- Provide Project/Technical admin support (Minutes, Site notes, Certificates, AIs etc.)
- Completing petty cash and credit card reconciliation
- Processing local office invoices
- Procurement - Stationery, Staff Welfare, Books, Contracts, etc.
- Monitoring local office 'Info' inbox
- Typing of correspondence and reports. (Affinity)
- Answering the telephone calls, directing calls & greeting clients and visitors to the office.
- Organising travel arrangements.
- Keeping accident book and first aid box.
- Sort internal & external mail, manage and respond to electronic mail.
- Uploading of Internal Allocations on a weekly basis.
- Assisting generally with housekeeping duties around the office, keeping the office tidy.
- 1st Aider/Appointed Person
- Fire Warden
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
- Education to GCSE level (or equivalent)
- GCSE English Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- GCSE Maths Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Formal qualifications in Microsoft Office programmes – In Design, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook + Internet (desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of using Microsoft Office programmes – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook + Internet
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multitask
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Co-operative and collaborative team member
- Able to work proactively on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge for self and team
- Knowledge of Affinity (desirable)
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach
- Professional at all times
- Commitment to the role and the team
- Able to work additional hours during peak periods. (Desirable.)
Please submit a copy of your CV by following the application work flow at the bottom of the page. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of your original application, then you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to look at our vacancies and apply where relevant. We wish you all the best in your job search.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.