Administration Assistant (Part Time 22.5 hours, FTC 12 months)
To provide administration assistance to Purcell’s West Region, assisting with the smooth running of the Region and reporting to the Senior Administrator.
The role covers a wide remit of all aspects of office and project administration. The role requires an excellent all-round understanding of business processes and the ability to be adaptable and collaborative with excellent multitasking, communication and organisational skills.
- Provide support and administrative assistance to members of the technical team, including assisting on project reports and presentations.
- Undertake monthly petty cash and cheque book reconciliations.
- Communicate with people at all levels including prestigious clients (both current and potential), consultants, contractors, suppliers and other offices.
- Assist on large design projects as document controller- supporting the technical team on drawing workflow and record keeping of electronic or hard copy documents on 4PS
- Understand and assist with keeping internal databases up to date.
- Maintain quality assurance procedures and adhering to company policies.
- Maintain and update all health and safety records for audit purposes.
- Diary management for technical team.
- Assist with printing, photocopying, binding, shredding, folding and collation of drawings.
- Order stationary and housekeeping supplies.
- Housekeeping duties, keeping the office tidy and running miscellaneous office errands.
- Reception duties, answering telephone, taking messages, greeting visitors and signing for deliveries.
- Meeting room bookings, setting up video conferences, setting up meeting rooms and ordering lunches and refreshments as necessary.
- Communication and liaison with other regional admin team staff, sharing roles where current pressures dictate.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office programmes – Intermediate/Advanced Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Willingness to learn and utilise new systems
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels in person, on the telephone and by using electronic means
- Experience of meeting deadlines and working in a pressurised environment
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multitask
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Co-operative and collaborative team member
- Able to work proactively on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge for self and team
- Attention to detail
- Able to turn hand to just about anything and must enjoy challenges
- Desk Top Publishing experience (desirable)
- Working knowledge of InDesign or Affinity (desirable)
- Familiarity with 4PS document control (desirable)
- Some knowledge of the architecture/construction industry (desirable)
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for this job
Please fill in the form below
Thank you for submitting your application.